One of my most favorite things about being a mom is carrying my baby girl. Now that she is 11 months old (that can’t be right!) and squirmy, I rarely get the chance to carry her. However, since the time she was one month old, I carried her constantly in the Moby wrap, and then moved up to the Ergo wrap once she hit eight months.
If you have ever worn a baby for more than an hour, then you have probably thought to yourself, “I wonder how many calories I am burning?” It was through my curiosity that brought me to the Babywearing Workout.
There are so many things I love about the Babywearing Workout. Here is just a small list:
- The instructor is personable, and it is fun to workout with her and her baby.
- The instructor knows what it is like to go from a bigger size to being fit. Her story is inspiring. I had my fill of workouts created by other moms who never struggled with weight – it can be disheartening to workout with them. Kelli is very motivational!
- I don’t want you to think I am obsessed with Kelli or anything, but how awesome is it that a real mom created this workout and has made a business out of it. I don’t know about you, but I love investing my money into other moms instead of corporations. Really, does Jillian Michaels need more money?
- You can workout while putting the baby to sleep. Do you know how many times I would start a workout only to pause it when the baby was crying inconsolably? Who wants to resume their workout after that?
- It is short and effective. I am sorry, but I have a short attention span, and I do not care for working out. Therefore, I need a workout that gets the job done as quick as possible.
- The workout is affordable and available as as download.
- Finally, you get to bond with your baby. Doing this workout with Ellie helped me love her, whereas doing Turbofire by myself made me have some hard feelings against her for leaving me with this mom belly (I know it is not Ellie’s fault for me consuming a little too many calories during pregnancy)
I encourage all new moms to check out this workout for a fun way to ease back into exercise after pregnancy. Kelli is always having fun challenges for weight loss while doing the workout. In fact, she is hosting one right now which has some pretty amazing prizes.
*I received a free download of this workout, but all opinions are my own.